Dear Friend of the Lighthouse,
I pray that September finds you healthy and content. 2020 has been something, hasn’t it? As with all non-profits, we are having to get creative. Instead of our normal fall event, we will do a 24-hour, online-only fundraiser on Tuesday, October 6. This keeps everyone safe and allows us to focus our energy on daily operations.
You have been so faithful with your support in the past, and I’m reaching out now to ask if you would sponsor a virtual table or make a donation. There will be no dinner or auction, but we are still hopeful we can fill the gap to help us through the winter.
- Table sponsorships are normally $500 for eight seats.
- A gift of any size supports our mission of physically, nutritionally, and spiritually serving the homeless and low-income members of our community.
Since the pandemic began in March, we have continued to:
- Pass out 300 to-go meals daily (an increase of 100 meals a day).
- Collect daily food donations in partnership with Feeding America and God’s Pantry.
- Support women in recovery living in our transition home.
- Pick up trash in the neighborhood.
- Provide shoes to those in need.
There are three ways to give:
- Mail a check to PO Box 54494, Lexington, KY 40555.
- Donate online.
- Text “BETTERTOGETHER20” to 44-321.
God bless you,