Dining With Dignity
Dining with Dignity
Volunteer Hours Worked in 2022 vs. 16,554 in 2021
Meals Served in 2022 vs. 47,292 in 2021
What is DWD?
Dining with Dignity offers a safe, clean, indoor environment for people in need to eat hot lunch and dinner. Keeping with Lighthouse Ministries tradition, a Gospel message of hope is shared before every meal.
Lighthouse Ministries partners with individuals (of at least 11 years old), churches, small groups, civic groups, and businesses. Partners may sponsor an evening meal for $250, or volunteer for to serve. Dinner volunteers assume the following responsibilities:
- Provide a team of 4+ people
- Bring food for 80+ people (optional)
- Arrive by 4:30 PM
- Serve water and snacks when doors open
- Provide a short Gospel message (optional)
- Be available for prayer and ministering to guests
- Clean the kitchen and dining area
Noon • Monday–Saturday
5:30 PM • Monday–Saturday
5 PM • Sunday
- Check the calendar.
- Open dates are highlighted.
- You may sign up on the calendar by clicking the open date and filling out the form, or contact Morgan at 859-259-3434 or via email.
The program was formed in 2015 through a three-year partnership with the City of Lexington and the Office of Homelessness, Prevention and Intervention. Since 2018, it has continued as a ministry of Lighthouse Ministries based solely on public donations and volunteers.
We are grateful for all donations of time, food, and money. To make a monetary donation, use the link below:
Food goes fast when feeding 70-80 people twice a day! We gratefully accept food donations. Please call ahead before delivering.
Other kitchen needs include:
- 8oz Styrofoam plates
- 8oz Styrofoam cups and bowls
- Creamer (no packets)
- Sweetener packets (sugar, Splenda, Sweet ‘n Low)
- Salt and pepper canisters (no packets)
- Plastic forks and spoons
- Toilet paper
- 55-gallon garbage bags