The GoodGiving Challenge — a week-long online giving challenge for local nonprofits — kicks off Tuesday, December 1, and runs through Monday, December 7. Since 2011, the GoodGiving Challenge has brought the region together to raise $11.7 million for over 100 local nonprofits!
This year, our goal at the Lighthouse is to reach 150 donors and $20,000 raised. Donate at the challenge website. If you’d like to offer matching funds to increase donations further, please reach out to Tay via email or phone at 859-259-3434.
There are matching funds available throughout the challenge to multiply each donation. We are especially interested in the following challenges:
- Tuesday, December 1: As one of the first 100 nonprofits to register for the challenge, we are eligible for 50¢ on the $1 match on the first $500 raised from 9 AM–9 PM. Thomson R. Bryant Jr & Betty R. Bryant Fund at BGCF $25,000 Match
- Wednesday, December 2: The first $25,000 in donations up to $50 will be doubled. Maximum $50 match per donor. This $1 for $ match lasts from 9 AM–9 PM, or until the match pool is exhausted. MacAdam Family Foundation $25,000 Match Day
- Friday, December 4: Unique donations of $10 made between 10 AM and 10 PM are entered in a drawing for a $1,000 prize. Knight Foundation $25,000 10th Anniversary Celebration!
- Saturday, December 5: Between 9 AM on Saturday and 9 PM Sunday, the first 10 nonprofits to raise $5,000 get a $2,500 prize, and the next 25 nonprofits to raise $2,500 win a $1,000 prize! We’ve been able to win the $2,500 prize the last few years, and would love to make that happen again. Mitchell Family Foundation $50,000 Fast Break Challenge
- Monday, December 7: The first $120,000 in donations of $500 and less will be increased by 50%. Maximum $250 match per donor. This match lasts from 9 AM–11:59 PM, or until the match pool is exhausted. Marksbury Family Foundation $60,000 Match Day
- Daily Social Media Sweepstakes: Each day of the Challenge, there will be a special post on one of the Blue Grass Community Foundation social media channels. Simply “like” and “follow” @BGCFKY on Facebook and Instagram and follow the directions in the daily posts to win Giving Cards and other prizes! No donation is necessary to be eligible.